Saturday, September 30, 2006

Where oh where are the recipes? I know, I know recipe blog and all. I've been so busy I never manage to get one typed up. But I have a few days off so I promise there will be some.

With my birthday coming I am reminded of how special birthday dinners were when I was a little girl. Every year my grandmother would make me lasagne, my favorite, and have a salad with lots of ranch dressing. The cake was always a Carvel ice cream cake. I waited all year for the meal and I remember it always being perfect. Just being with her, in her kitchen with what I felt was the most perfect food was the gift that I wanted. A warm and loving kitchen filled with the smells of browning ground beef and onions and tomato sauce.

I always felt at home in her kitchen. I think it's why mine is so important to me these days. All my happiest memories revolve around food.

1 comment:

jackie said...

my birthday meal at my dad's was always kielbasa and sliced potatos, all on the grill, with red velvet cake, which is still my favorite.