Wednesday, June 27, 2012



Dinner last night was crab salad, white bean dip on garlic bread, and watermelon. The weather was rather cool, surprisingly, but this would be a perfect hot weather meal. No oven required. Yay! It's also simple and quick to put together.

For the bean dip you need some white beans, I used canned, just one can. A clove or two of garlic, some rosemary, olive oil, and lemon juice. I just eyeball the ingredients. Put it all in a food processor and process until smooth.

For the crab salad use about a pound of lump meat. Generally I wait until crab is on sale to make this because it can be expensive. I think it would work well with chicken salad as well. You mix the crab with some lemon juice, a little mayo, and seasoning of your choice. Being a Maryland girl I use Old Bay. Serve on a half an avocado.

See? Simple.

No comments: