Saturday, June 23, 2012


Today I'm canning brandied sweet cherries. Maia pitted 3 pounds of cherries for me,fortunately for her we have a cherry pitter. Mixed up some brandy,sugar,red wine and orange zest and boiled it for a bit. Then added the cherries and boiled it a bit more. Now I'm waiting on the jars then I'll process them. I'm using the author suggested recipe tonight and making Cornish game hens adding some mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. I haven't decided whether I'm going to grill the hens or use the oven but I'm thinking oven. I'm a little worried that the cherries will be too boozy but I think the sugar will balance it out nicely.

When the processing is done I'm going to make some chocolate zucchini bread. Hopefully the kids won't find out what's in it. Perhaps I'll take a picture of dinner later.

No comments: